Thursday, July 2, 2009

housewife



I have a thing for cleanliness. I like it maybe a little bit too much. In fact, I love it. And even though we have always had a cleaning lady that comes every other day, I love cleaning and brushing dust away with my own little hands. I don’t necessarily do it very often because most of the time I’m too lazy but when I do, oh when I do, the gloves are off, darlings.

Today was one of those days. I like cleaning every surface, every shelf, every little corner that most people forget. I like cleaning inside of drawers, of closets, moving books away to clean the dust they hide, I like chasing dust and dirt like an enemy and I feel a sort of sick accomplishment when I see the whole house sparkle and shine. If I could freeze it so it would stay that way, I would!

This was the high tide of my cleaning day, washing my dear delicates with shimmering rose soap. I enjoyed it so much that I had to stop for a second and laugh a little.

I wish I was one of those people that can live in a messy, dirty house but I am not and never will be. I like clean houses, I like bright clean floors, I like made up beds and most of all, I like playing housewife once in a while.







No comments: