Tuesday, August 16, 2011

♥ Audrey ♥


My lover got me this beautiful dreamy book of candid and studio portraits of Audrey Hepburn by Mark Shaw for my birthday. I truly can't help but love the boy (which is not always the best thing for myself)...

A long time ago he took one of my Audrey Hepburn books and starting flipping through the pages. As he kept looking at the pictures, he seemed puzzled and had a very funny look on his face; 
I asked him "what's wrong?" and he said; "I don't get it, she was terrible. She looks so awkward and she's too skinny. Why are you so obsessed with her?" 

I rolled my eyes and felt secretely insulted yet just said: 
"You just don't get it, you've never seen her act"

Indeed he had never seen any of her movies, so I made him sit through Breakfast at Tiffany's and my personal favorite; Funny Face. I cried at the end of both and he told me: "I get it now, she's one of those you need to see in movement"

He still doesn't find Audrey to be breathtaking and I still love her to death. It makes me think of this quote from The Virgin Suicides book;

“She held herself very straight like Audrey Hepburn, whom all women idolize and men never think about” 

After watching those movies together, we never talked about it and my lover forgets everything quite easily, everytime I find myself thinking he's not a thoughtful kind of guy, he surprises me with these kind of gifts.

can't help but love the boy





























No comments: